Tuition Assistance and Scholarship Opportunities
Here at Sacred Heart Academy, we know that an excellent education is an investment in your daughter's future. Therefore, we are committed to providing tuition assistance to as many families with demonstrated financial need as possible. For the 2023-2024 school year, SHA awarded more than $1.5 million in tuition assistance and scholarships to qualified students. Below you will find information outlining the steps on how to apply for aid.
Tuition information for the 2024-2025 school year is forthcoming soon.
The Archdiocese of Louisville and Sacred Heart Academy use the FACTS Management Company to manage tuition assistance forms.
- For your convenience, the FACTS form can be completed online beginning October 15, 2023.
- Current families seeking tuition assistance must complete the FACTS aid application by November 30, 2023.
- New or prospective families should complete the FACTS aid application by December 30, 2023.
- Aid is need-based and is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Late applications will only be considered once all on-time applications (completed by November 30, 2023) have received an award and will have limited access to funds. We strongly encourage all those seeking aid to complete the application process by this deadline.
- An application is incomplete until both the FACTS application is submitted and all requested documentation is uploaded.
The following information is required when applying for tuition assistance:
1. Completed application through FACTS Management by November 30, 2023.
2. All federal forms, including tax reports (2022), all Schedules, including W2’s, and any applicable business returns
Please monitor the email address used to complete your application, as FACTS will notify you if any additional information or documentation is needed to complete your application.
If you have questions while completing the FACTS Form call the FACTS Helpline for immediate assistance at 866-441-4637.
Click here for downloadable information on FACTS tuition management services. (En Espanol)
Frequently Asked Questions
- All incoming freshman must take the High School Placement Test before tuition assistance can be awarded
- All students considering transferring to Sacred Heart must complete an Application for Admission (Transfer Application) before tuition assistance can be awarded
- The Kentucky High School Athletic Association, an organization we voluntarily belong to, has four rules that apply to tuition, financial aid and scholarships. First, we must use an agency approved by the KHSAA to determine financial need. Second, a student playing a KHSAA sport may not receive aid greater than their “demonstrated need.” Third, only an immediate family member may pay the student’s tuition. Finally, if a student playing a KHSAA sport receives a merit scholarship, the amount cannot exceed 25 percent of the tuition.
- Tuition assistance notifications for families meeting the application deadline (November 30, 2023) will be distributed to families March 1, 2024 via email from FACTS. Your FACTS invitation should have been accepted and 2024-25 account established.
- All information is kept confidential and only shared with the Tuition Assistance Committee
- The FACTS form requires a nominal administrative fee (disclosed on the form).
- Families must apply annually for tuition assistance.
Sacred Heart Academy offers scholarships that vary in amount and in the qualifications for consideration, including need and merit-based scholarships.
Angela Merici Scholars
Sacred Heart Academy awards renewable four-year merit-based Angela Merici scholarships to freshmen who score in the top 10% on the High School Placement Test. These scholarships range from $500 - $4,000.
Those interested in applying for need-based scholarships will be required to complete BOTH the FACTS tuition assistance application and the SHA scholarship application.
The deadline for scholarship application is February 2, 2024.
Click HERE for a listing of 2024-2025 Scholarships.
For more information about scholarships, please contact the Director of Enrollment, Nicole Burke, at [email protected] or 502-896-3937.