Tuition Assistance and Scholarship Opportunities
Here at Sacred Heart Academy, we know that an excellent education is an investment in your daughter's future. Therefore, we are dedicated to providing tuition assistance to as many families with demonstrated financial need as possible. For the 2022-2023 school year, SHA awarded more than $1.5 million in tuition assistance and scholarships to qualified students. Below you will find information outlining the steps on how to apply for aid.
The Archdiocese of Louisville and Sacred Heart Academy use the FACTS Management Company to manage tuition assistance forms. For your convenience, the FACTS form can be completed online beginning October 15, 2022. Families seeking tuition assistance must complete the FACTS aid application by November 30, 2022. Aid is need-based and is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Late applications will only be considered once all on-time applications (completed by November 30, 2022) have received an award and will have limited access to funds. We strongly encourage all those seeking aid to complete the application process by this deadline. Please note, an application is not complete until both the FACTS application is submitted, and all requested documentation is uploaded.
The following information is required when applying for tuition assistance:
1. Completed application through the FACTS Management by November 30, 2022.
2. All federal forms including tax reports (2021), all Schedules including W2’s, and any applicable business returns
Please monitor the email address used to complete your application as FACTS will notify you if any additional information or documentation is needed to complete your application.
If you have questions while completing the FACTS Form call the FACTS Helpline for immediate assistance at 866-441-4637.
Click here for downloadable information on FACTS tuition management services. (En Espanol)
Frequently Asked Questions
- All incoming freshman must take the High School Placement Test before tuition assistance can be awarded
- All students considering transferring to Sacred Heart must complete an Application for Admission (Transfer Application) before tuition assistance can be awarded
- The Kentucky High School Athletic Association, an organization we voluntarily belong to, has four rules that apply to tuition, financial aid and scholarships. First, we must use an agency approved by the KHSAA to determine financial need. Second, a student playing a KHSAA sport may not receive aid greater than their “demonstrated need.” Third, only an immediate family member may pay the student’s tuition. Finally, if a student playing a KHSAA sport receives a merit scholarship, the amount cannot exceed 25 percent of the tuition.
- Tuition assistance notifications for families meeting the application deadline (November 30, 2022) will be distributed to families in early March.
- All information is kept confidential and only shared with the Tuition Assistance Committee
- The FACTS form requires a nominal administrative fee (disclosed on the form).
- Families must apply annually for tuition assistance.
Tuition Assistance Workshops
If you are new to the school or the financial aid process, you may have questions or require assistance. We are here to help! SHA will host a scholarship and tuition assistance webinar on November 14, 2022.
REGISTER HERE for the Webinar Series.
Sacred Heart Academy awards renewable four-year merit-based scholarships to freshmen who score in the top 10% on the High School Placement Test. Only students who take the High School Placement Test at SHA on the assigned testing dates (including the make-up date) are eligible. These scholarships range from $500 - $4,000.
Available scholarships that require a demonstration of need necessitate a family to submit a tuition assistance application to FACTS. The scholarships vary in amount and in the qualifications for consideration.
To view and apply for available individual scholarships, visit the scholarships page.
The deadline for Scholarship Applications is February 10, 2023.
This year, those interested in applying for need-based scholarships will be required to complete a brief online scholarship application in addition to completing the FACTS form.
For more information about scholarships, please contact the Director of Enrollment, Nicole Burke, at [email protected] or 502-896-3937.