Tuition Assistance and Scholarship Opportunities
Here at Sacred Heart Academy, we know that an excellent education is an investment in your daughter's future. Therefore, we are dedicated to providing tuition assistance to as many families with demonstrated financial need as possible. For the 2020-2021 school year, SHA awarded more than $1.3 million in tuition assistance and scholarships to qualified students. Below you will find information outlining the steps on how to apply for aid.
The Archdiocese of Louisville and Sacred Heart Academy use the FACTS Management Grant & Aid Financial Needs Assessment to manage tuition assistance forms. For your convenience, the FACTS form can be completed online beginning December 15, 2020. Please carefully read all information on this page before proceeding. Scroll down and apply by clicking on the red button.
- All incoming freshman must take the High School Placement Test before tuition assistance can be awarded
- All students considering transferring to Sacred Heart must complete an Application for Admission (Transfer Application) before tuition assistance can be awarded
- Over $1,300,000 was awarded in tuition assistance in 2020. 28% of the student body applied for tuition assistance and 73% of those received tuition assistance and or scholarships.
- The Kentucky High School Athletic Association, an organization we voluntarily belong to, has four rules that apply to tuition, financial aid and scholarships. First, we must use an agency approved by the KHSAA to determine financial need. Second, a student playing a KHSAA sport may not receive aid greater than their “demonstrated need.” Third, only an immediate family member may pay the student’s tuition. Finally, if a student playing a KHSAA sport receives a merit scholarship, the amount cannot exceed 25 percent of the tuition.
- Join our Tuition Assistance Workshop in January for help in completing the application. Date to be determined. If you have specific questions, please call the business office at 896-3910.
- The FACTS Grant & Aid Application opens on December 15, 2020. Apply by February 28, 2021, to be considered for the first round of awards. Please note that SHS allocates most, if not all, tuition assistance resources during this initial round. Assistance is need-based and is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Those applying after this deadline will likely have limited access to funds. We strongly encourage all those seeking assistance to complete the application process by February 28, 2021. Tuition assistance notifications for families meeting the February 28 deadline will be distributed to families in early May.
- For questions about your tuition assistance award, please call the SHS Business Office at 502.896.3911.
- All information is kept confidential and only shared with the Tuition Assistance Committee
- The FACTS form requires a nominal administrative fee (disclosed on the form).
- Families must apply annually for tuition assistance.
Tuition Assistance Application ProcessIf you are new to the school or the financial aid process, you may have questions or require assistance. We are here to help! Sacred Heart Schools will host tuition assistance workshops on December 15, 2020, and January 12, 2021, from 6:00 until 7:30 p.m. The workshop on December 15 will be hosted on Zoom and available by appointment only. Please contact Leah Walts at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. The workshop on January 12 will be held in the Sacred Heart Academy library, if possible. For a campus map, visit shslou.org/campus/. Representatives from the SHS business office will be on hand to answer questions and to help families complete the online aid forms.
The following information is required when applying for tuition assistance:
- Completed application through the FACTS Management website - click here https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3W8S9 to apply by February 28, 2021.
- All federal forms including tax reports (2019), all Schedules including W2’s, and any applicable business returns
If you have questions while completing the FACTS Form call the FACTS Helpline for immediate assistance at 866-441-4637
Sacred Heart Academy awards renewable four-year merit-based scholarships to freshmen who score in the top 5% on the High School Placement Test. Only students who take the High School Placement Test at SHA on the assigned testing dates (including the make-up date) are eligible. These scholarships range from $1,000 - $3,000.
Available scholarships that require a demonstration of need necessitate a family to submit a tuition assistance application to FACTS. The scholarships vary in amounts and in the qualifications for consideration.
To view available scholarships, visit the scholarships page. This year, those interested in applying for need-based scholarships will be required to complete a brief online scholarship application in addition to completing the FACTS form. The scholarship application deadline is February 28, 2021.
For more information about scholarships, please contact the SHS Institutional Advancement Office at 502.736.6467.