Portrait of a Sacred Heart Academy Graduate
Who Will Your Daughter BECOME at Sacred Heart Academy?
A globally-minded, compassionate leader.
- Who possesses the traits and characteristics of a 21st-century leader.
- Is Ursuline educated and acts with integrity and honesty, a strong sense of fairness and justice, and respect for all people's dignity.
- Is open-minded, seeking and evaluating a range of points of view, and willing to grow from her experiences.
- Who understands the importance of balancing the intellectual, physical, spiritual, and emotional aspects of her life to promote well-being and recognizes her interdependence with others.
- Is a caring young woman who shows empathy, compassion, and respect for all people.
A creative, critical, and reflective thinker.
- Who develops and uses conceptual understanding, exploring knowledge across a range of disciplines, and engages with issues and ideas that have local and global significance.
- Who nurtures curiosity, develops inquiry and research skills, and can learn independently and with others.
- Is an enthusiastic, lifelong learner.
- Who uses critical and creative thinking skills to analyze and take responsible action on complex problems and to make reasoned ethical decisions.
- Who thoughtfully considers her ideas, experiences, strengths, and weaknesses to support her learning and personal development.
A strong, confident, and empowered young woman.
- Who is a resilient, strong woman of great faith.
- Having spent her formative years in an empowering, all-girls environment, she expresses herself confidently and creatively in more than one language.
- Who works independently and collaborates effectively to explore new ideas and innovative strategies.
- Who approaches uncertainty with forethought and determination and is resourceful and resilient in the face of challenges and change.
A servant leader, developed through the founding vision and core values of the Ursuline Sisters of Louisville.
- Who places great value in meaningful service to others.
- With a daily focus on the core values of community, leadership, reverence, and service and an understanding of the Charism of Saint Angela Merici, she acts to make a difference in the lives of others and the world around her.
- Whether raised in the Catholic faith or not, she is a moral and compassionate servant leader.