SHA COVID-19 Guidelines
SHS Student COVID-19 ProceduresScenarios of SHS students with possible and/or confirmed positive COVID-19 infections:
- If a student tests positive for COVID-19: If a student tests positive for COVID-19, their parent should contact their school immediately. The student will be required to stay home for at minimum 10 days. In order to return to in-person instruction on campus, the student must be symptom free, without fever reducing medication for at least their final 24 hours of being home. They may be asked to provide SHS with a negative test result or a release to return to school from their physician or the Health Department.
- If a student reports/exhibits COVID-19 symptoms: If a student reports or exhibits COVID-19 symptoms, their parent should contact their healthcare provider immediately. Once the student’s parent has direction from their physician, their parent should contact their child’s school. The student will be required to stay home as long as they are symptomatic. In order to return to in-person instruction, the student must be symptom free without fever reducing medication, for a minimum of 24 hours. We encourage students who are symptomatic to submit a COVID-19 test to their healthcare provider, however they are not required.
- If a student has been told of possible exposure to COVID-19: If a student has been told of a possible exposure to COVID-19, their parent should contact their child’s school immediately. The school will require the student to stay home for at least 14 days. In order to return to in-person instruction, the student must be symptom free, without fever reducing medication for at least their final 24 hours of being home. If the student develops COVID-19 symptoms while in quarantine, they should contact their physician immediately followed by their parent alerting their child’s school.
Updated 8/13/2020SHS Communication Protocols Regarding COVID-19
As you are trusting us with your children, please trust that we are following all guidelines put forth by the health department. We are reporting any positive cases to the Archdiocese of Louisville and the Health Department in real time. We are not however, waiting for the health department to conduct contact tracing. All contact tracing and necessary communications are being completed by our staff.
Sacred Heart Schools’ Communication Protocols for reported positive cases of COVID-19 are as follows:
- If your child is exposed to a person at SHS who is COVID-19 positive, an exposure email will be sent directly to you from Paul Kichler, Vice President of Operations, as part of the contact-tracing protocol, informing you that your child was exposed due to direct contact. Direct contact is defined as within six feet for 10 minutes or more.
- The name of the person who tested positive cannot be given for privacy reasons. HIPAA guidelines must and will be followed.
- Each school principal or director will send a health advisory email to those who were in the same class(s) but who were not a direct contact.